Advanced eCig Innovation TC Temperature Control Will Take You to the Next Level of Vaping.
Just when I was getting used to my latest and greatest high powered advanced MOD with 50Watts and sub-ohm capabilities, I discover TC MODS, or those equipped with temperature control features.
FYI, TC has nothing to do with your variable high powered MOD’s automatic shut-off feature; the one that kicks in should you violate ohm’s law by setting your wattage too high for your low ohm atomizer. TC is far better.
Enter Temperature Control Vaping
So…cool new discount ecig vendor DirectVapor sends me an iStick 40W TC by eLeaf to review. After getting the preliminary email asking whether I had previously tested a high powered, advanced TC MOD, I unabashedly admitted I had not. I wasn’t even aware that these MODs, geared to more efficient low and sub ohm vaping existed, proving even veteran ecig reviewers can lag behind in the world of high-speed electronic cigarette innovation.
It seems TC MODS been around for over a year. They were first sold at high prices and were not heavily promoted. An admirable excuse for my lack of knowledge.
Undaunted by my initial fear of venturing deep into sub-ohm cloud-chaser territory, I was eager to try one out; certainly hoping that this iStick would be more reliable and user friendly than my previous model. I not disappointed.
The Best Features of TC – Temperature Control MOD Vaporizers
1- Protection Against Overheating
- The MOD senses a change in coil resistance as it is heated. If the coil gets too hot, or if your ejuice level gets too low, the device will adjust the power or stop firing, thus preventing your wicks from drying out and burning. That means no burnt hits and no higher level of carbonyls in your vapor.
- The Automatic Shutoff, Low Voltage Protection and Over-Discharge Protection is just as effective as your high watt vaporizer’s safety features.
- Temperature Control may also prevent quick Battery Burnout. I definitely noticed an improvement in battery life, but your own experience will depend on your vaping routine.
2- Most TC MODS (including the iStick 40W TC MOD by eLeaf) have Variable Voltage as well as Wattage Settings
- You can toggle between setting watts or setting temperature leaving plenty of room to experiment in finding your vaping sweet spot. Just make sure you are using the correct atomizer for the respective setting. (see below)*
In a nutshell, you get very “cool”, low-ohm and sub-ohm vaping. Forget getting a burnt taste when your e-liquid runs down; forget having to keep changing your overheated coils or inhaling burnt wick vapor.. and expect a better battery life.
You Can Also Forget Using Standard Coils Made from Kanthal or Ni-Chrome
That also means if you don’t buy a complete TC kit, you’ll need a new tank – but they’re easy to come by.
ELeaf’s own tank is the GS-Tank with ni200 coil heads, but you can also opt for the Tesla Vortek TC Sub Tank, the Artic tank from Horizon, or many others, reasonably priced on discount sites including DirectVapor.
Regarding the Safe Use of TC Devices
All temperature control (and high powered vaporizers) come with WARNINGS. Advanced vapor products must be used “at your own risk”.
Despite innovations that make your advanced device easier to use and your vape more satisfying, you must take proper precautions and handling.
Always read the user manual that comes with your TC MOD.
Vapers should have a basic understanding of battery safety basics. If you are building a coil you should know how to measure resistances. If you’re using a TC tank, you also need to know if you’re allergic to nickel wire.
If you are using a Sub-Ohm coil (under 1 ohm) begin by setting your Wattage at about 18 and adjust up to about 20Watts. You can cause dry hits and burn wicks by cranking your mod up too high for the coil to handle.
Nickel can cause a rash in sensitive individuals. It’s commonly found in costume jewelry, earring posts, watchbands, eyeglass frames, hairpins, snaps, buttons, zippers, and many other items we have contact with daily.
Cost of a TC MOD
For vapers ready to experience TC vaping, the complete iStick TC starter kit is $59.95 through Direct Vapor.
I welcome all who do decide to explore this latest ecig innovation, to share your experiences by commenting on this post.
Sincere thanks also to DV for providing the iStick 40W TC for this review.
Latest posts by Cb Miles (see all)
- Is JUUL Really the Rare Jewel of Vaping? - March 14, 2017
- PG and VG – Vaping Benefits and Side Effects Infographic - November 12, 2015
- What is ECig Temperature Control – TC – Why Is it Better Than Variable Wattage? - October 18, 2015