Last updated on February 21st, 2019
Compare the Most Important Features in an ECig Vaporizer Kit
ECig Tank Systems and Vaporizers have lots of exciting features, such as variable voltage, temperature control or sub ohm atomizer coils. They can be a bit intimidating at first if you’ve been using a traditional “cig-alike” electronic cigarette, but the satisfaction of fuller e-liquid flavor and huge vapor production with less harshness can be worth the learning curve. Our Vaporizer Kit Selection Guide helps you to clearly identify the specific features, advantages and costs of the top selling beginner and intermediate vaporizer e-cig systems.
Each Starter Kit is a Little Different. Some are uncomplicated, very portable and are really easy to use; others have more features that give you more control. There’s something here for every vaper so you’re sure to find the right match for your budget and vaping style.
Look below the chart for definitions of specific vaporizer terms.
Here are the Best Selling Vaporizer Starter Kits
The Chart Scrolls Horizontally and Vertically
Definitions of Vaping Terms to Help You Choose the Perfect Vape Pen or Vaporizer:
- Airflow Control – Some intermediate style vaporizers and vape pens offer an airflow dial where you can adjust the amount of air you inhale along with your vapor. The more air you inhale, the cooler your vape. The dial is usually found just beneath the tank.
- Compatibility – 510/eGo threading – This is the most common threading for tanks/clearomizers and batteries. So if your vaporizer has a 510/eGo battery, you’ll be able to buy a wide selection of tanks and clearomizers for your e-liquids including higher end glass tanks and those offering dual coil atomizers.
- Coil Styles – Top coil atomizers have the heating element near the top of the atomizer. Long wicks soak up the eliquid. Bottom Coil atomizers have the heating element at the bottom of the atomizer. This allows for longer lasting eliquids, but filling your tank can be a bit trickier. Double coil atomizers create more vapor and more intense flavor, but can deplete batteries faster.
- mAh – Milliampere-hour – Describes the capacity or energy charge that a battery will hold before it needs to be recharged.
- Kanthal Atomizer Coil – Every ecig atomizer contains a wire coil which heats the eliquid. Kanthal wire is a ferritic iron, chromium-aluminium alloy and is used to build Rebuildable Atomizers (RBA’s) and Rebuildable Dripping Atomizers (RDA’s) for Mechanical Mods (Mech Mods).
- Mouth-to-Lung Vaping – A mouth-to-lung hit is one whereby the vapor is first drawn and gathered in the mouth, then inhaled into the lungs. This is similar to the way in which smokers inhale cigarette smoke.
- Magnetic Connection – Some vaporizers offer battery chargers and cartridges that connect magnetically battery.
- Ohm Resistance: Lower numbered, and those less than 1 ohms create a hotter vape, Higher numbered ohms create a cooler vape.
Read More About Ohm Resistance
- Variable Volt and Temperature Control Battery – Allows you to adjust the voltage output of your battery to create a hotter vape that can produce greater clouds of vapor and more intense flavor. Your perfect vape will also depend on your atomizer’s coil ohm resistance and your e-liquid. Some flavors taste better on low voltage/wattage as where others taste better on higher voltage/wattage. TC vaporizers let you lock in the temperature, so it never get too hot.
We’ll continue to update this information regularly, adding new product designs from the most respected vape companies.