Last updated on June 21st, 2018
Looking For the Perfect Vape Pen or Vaporizer for Oils Including Aromatherapy Oils, Cannabis and CBD?
Vaping is not just for e-liquids anymore! There are now scores of pens and mods specifically designed for all types of oils; some legal, some only legal in certain states. These vaporizers come in different sizes, shapes, levels of difficulty and price points, so if you’re shopping on-line (the most economical way to shop IMO), there’s a lot to compare.
We’ve tested and weeded out our favorite brands and models to give you our top recommendations. You can purchase these vaporizers from links on this page. I also have a coupon at the end of the post.
Why Use Special Vaporizers for Oils?
Vape pens for oils and concentrates are specifically designed to accommodate liquid consistencies that are thicker than traditional e-liquids. If you tried to add oil to an ecig cartomizer rather than e-liquid, you’d ruin the atomizer. Similarly, vape pens and vaporizers that say they are for oils and concentrates cannot take any type of e-liquid.
Why Are There Different Styles of Oil and Concentrate Devices?
Whether your vaping chamomile oil to boost your immune system, CBD or medical cannabis oil to relieve chronic pain, or any waxy concentrate known for it’s merit, there’s a device that can accommodate your oil and your vaping style.
For example, you may want a lightweight, uncomplicated vape pen with a refillable, disposable chamber. Perhaps you want a lot of flavor and bigger vapor production. Maybe you want your pen to take both thin and thick oils or waxes. These are just a few examples, but the models we’re featuring here meet a wider variety of needs.
Looking for a Slim, Flexible Vape Pen for Oils?
The smallest and most discrete device we’ve found is also one of the least expensive – Under $20.
1- DirectVapor Oil & Concentrate Vape Pen Starter Kit
I personally recommend this little pen because it’s so easy to use and it’s very portable. You can fill the tank with just about any oil, or use a pre-filled tank from your supplier. The battery thread on the DirectVapor Oil & Concentrate Vape Pen is a 510 which is designed to accept almost all mini tanks. Some 3rd party pre-filled tanks will fit better than others, but for under $20 it’s worth experimenting.
The DirectVapor Oil & Concentrate Vape Pen looks just like a pen designed for vaping e-liquids, but only you know it’s not. How stealthy is that?
With this little Vape Pen, there’s no need for an activation button; just draw on the mouthpiece. I think the vaper is fuller than you typically get from a vaporizer designed for herbs.
Capacity and Charge
The pen is crafted from the finest stainless steel. The kit comes with a 1.0ml pyrex/metal cartridge. That’s not a very large tank, but vapers say it’s large enough for vaping satisfaction with essential oils that are not too thick.
If you’re out for the evening, just know that the modest 3.3V – 4.2V battery will need charging after 1 session of vaping.
A Reminder: This Pen is Not Designed for E-liquids.
- Small Size; Very Discreet; Looks Like a Slim Cig-Alike
- Smooth, Full Draw
- Battery is Compatible with Most 3rd Party Pre-Filled Tanks
- Quite Durable For an Inexpensive Oil Vape Pen
- Very Reasonably Priced
Here’s What You Get:
- 1 x Essential Oil & Concentrate Cartridge
- 1 x 280mAh Vape Pen
- 1 x USB Charger
- 1 x Metal Case
Other Features and Specifications
- For use with Oils & Concentrates
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Battery Voltage: 3.3V – 4.2V
- Cartridge Capacity: 1.0ML
- Pyrex & Metal Tank Construction
- Dual Coil
2- HoneyStick The BeeKeeper Concentrates Vaporizer
Do you want to vape your oil or concentrate in a Mod-styled vaporizer rather than a pen? Do you want lots of power and a concealed oil chamber? Look no further than the HoneyStick BeeKeeper Concentrates Vaporizer. Measuring just 1.1” W x 0.7” L x 2.6” H, this little Mod fits the bill as nicely as it fits in the palm of your hand.
Here Are Some Key Features:
– You can use any type of oil. Concentrates work too if they are not overly thick or sticky.
– The tank has a 510 thread meaning it works with most oil tanks including .8ml prefilled tanks
– The tank provided in the kit is easy to remove and refill. It’s disposable, but will last for many refills.
– Charge Your HoneyStick with either a USB or AC power outlet (using a wall adapter).
– You can vape while you charge as the Honey Stick Bee Keeper Vaporizer features pass thru charging.
– The device has up to 20 watts of power to give you full vapor clouds and pure flavor.
– Honey Stick Bee Keeper Vaporizer produces vapor which disappears instantly and leaves no lingering odors.
On the Plus Side:
Filling the HoneyStick tank is designed for style and simplicity. The 510-threaded adapter is magnetic and screws on to the end of the tank, but the clever location of of the tank is what makes this oil vaporizer unique. Unlike traditional mods, it sits next to the battery rather than on top of it.
The HoneyStick’s size is very discrete. But that’s only half of it. The magnetic concealed adapter slips into the connection port so your content is private.
– When you first use the HoneyStick, hold the power button down for five seconds and then take a hit. After the first hit, the heat-up time might be closer to two three seconds
– HoneyStick Bee Keeper Vaporizer turns on and off by clicking the power button five times.
– Charging takes under 2 hours. The blue LED light will turn off when fully charged.
You activate The HoneyStick like any other Mod – with a single button.
While similar vaporizers charge as much as $200, at under $30 it’s no wonder the HoneyStick BeeKeeper gets top ratings.
Here’s What’s Included:
- 1 x Honey Stick 20W Mod Battery (Black or White)
- 1 x .5ml Atomizer Tank
- 1 x Magnetic Conceal Adapter
- 1 x Micro USB Charger
3- KandyPens Galaxy Tornado Concentrates Vaporizer
Are You Looking For a Concentrates Vaporizer That Works with Waxy Oil Concentrates? Check Out the KandyPen Galaxy Tornado Concentrates Vaporizer. Use Our Coupon Code – BECG.
This stylish, vape pen from U.S. made KandyPens has loads of features. It utilizes a wick-less tornado coil atomizer for the purest concentration of flavor and vapor production.
The atomizer is made up of a dual quartz chamber and rods with titanium coils. Most chambers are ceramic, but the Galaxy Tornado’s quarts chamber will give you a much better flavor.
Another cool feature of this concentrates vape pen is the tiny air holes inside the chamber. This prevents clogs which can be common when using thicker concentrated oils.
The chamber will hold up to 3ml of oil, but you’ll find that vaping with a small amount of oil is very satisfying.
The Galaxy Tornado has a variable voltage battery that can be dialed to suit your preference. There are three settings which you activate by clicking the button three times. I recommend starting with the lowest setting since different oils react differently to different viscosities of concentrate. The lowest setting is indicated by a red light, the middle setting is green and the highest setting is indicated with a blue light.
Also on the Plus Side:
– Users say it’s leak-free and clog free.
– The battery holds a good charge – a plus for a dual coil vape pen.
– The kit comes with a dab tool and a travel case.
– There’s a 10 second automatic shutoff feature – Your oil won’t overhead when you take a draw.
- 1 x Temperature Controlled Battery
- 1 x Tornado Coil Atomizer
- 1 x Chamber Connector
- 1 x Mouthpiece
- 1 x Travel Case
- 1 x USB Charger
- 1 x Dab Tool
- 1 x Instruction Card
All Specs & Features:
- Includes Tornado Coil
- Adjustable Airflow Atomizer With Quartz Crystal Chamber
- Titanium Coil and Dual Quartz Rods
- Variable Temp Battery (350°, 390°, 430° )
- Improved Mouthpiece with Carb
- Leak Proof Technology™
- 10 Second Automatic Safety Feature
- Deeper Chamber
- 510 Threading
- No Wicks, Dyes or Glues
- Lifetime Battery Warranty
- Designed in the USA
- Compatible With Waxy Oil Concentrates
4- KandyPens RUBI Vaporizer
No, It’s Not a JUUL..It’s Better! The KandyPen RUBI is a pod vaporzer that takes it all – E-Liquids, Oils and Concentrates. At only 4″ tall, it’s lightweight, portable and powerful.
The RUBI features OCELL Ceramic Coil Technology so you’ll get big flavor, a smooth vape and maximum potency. The battery is temperature regulated for both liquids and oils. There are no buttons or dials, so it’s really easy to use.
Designed and made by hand in the U.S.A. you know it’s a quality product that highly unlikely to be discontinued because of new import tariffs! There’s also a lifetime warranty on the battery.
- Takes liquid, oil and concentrates without having to change the pod.
- The pods are easy to clean and maintain
- Recharges in about half an hour
- 1 x Micro-USB Charger
- 1 x Refillable 1ML Pod Cartridge
- 1 x KandyPens RUBI Vaporizer
All Specs & Features:
- 110v Voltage
- Size – 1 x2.75×5.5 in.
- 1ML capacity pod
- Weight – 3.04 oz
- 280mAh battery
DirectVapor Oil & Concentrate Vape Pen Starter Kit
– A great basic oil vape pen at a great value. Fill it yourself, or use a cartridge that’s pre-filled with your chosen oil.
HoneyStick The BeeKeeper Concentrates Vaporizer
– More power, great flavor and a concealed oil chamber.
KandyPens Galaxy Tornado Concentrates Vaporizer
– Hi-styled, powerful vape pen that can take all types of oils, concentrates and waxes.
KandyPens RUBI Vaporizer
– Pod based and lightweight, this vape pen takes e-liquids, oils and concentrates. It’s the smallest one I’ve found in it’s class.
Check Out Our Top Ten Vape Companies!