Last updated on November 24th, 2018
Looking for a slim, lightweight vapor pen designed for ladies? Although vape companies no longer have e-cigarettes specifically for girls or women, here’s a bit of ecig history and some great suggestions for modern e-cigarettes women will love.
The First Women’s E-Cig
Remember Vapor Couture? Maybe not. It’s been a few years since VMR discontinued that ecig company.
I still have an article that was originally written in 2013 entitled, “Vapor Couture – Slim E-Cigarettes Designed Exclusively for Women”. This cig-alike was marketed as being more elegant than other cig-alikes because is was kind of sexy – very long and thin. It was also marketed as the e-cigarette you could match with your wardrobe because it offered pastel colors. Go figure.
So What Happened to Vapor Couture?
It’s my opinion that women who wanted to start vaping were not looking to make a fashion statement. They were looking for a satisfying, easy to use, lightweight ecig that would come close to the cigarette experience.
Bigger and Better Vaporizers (For Some)
Popular vape companies started selling more advanced vaping products. Yes, the new vaporizers and Mods produce amazing vapor and deliver awesome flavor – far better than any cigalike or Pod Vape, but all that comes at a price. It’s not always easy to learn how to use your device or maintain it. You have to replace your atomizer every few weeks, and you need to understand Ohm resistance.
Unless you’re ready for a new hobby, vaping can prove to be more work than you bargained for.
So Women Aren’t Up for the Vaporizer Adventure?
Don’t get me wrong. Hey, I’m a woman vaper and that’s certainly not the point of this review. I’m saying that my old Vapor Couture article is still getting visits for a reason. Women are still looking for a better alternative to the old fashioned, easy to use but unsatisfying cigalike. They’re looking for vape device that isn’t intimidating or a pain in the butt to use.
Truth be known, so are most men who are serious about switching from cigarettes to ecigs.
All of My Top ECig Picks Have These Things in Common:
- They Are Lightweight
- Really Easy to Use
- All Require Little Maintenance
- Each One Delivers a Very Satisfying Vaping Experience Akin to Smoking, But Without the Tar or Dangerous Chemicals Associated with Cigarette Smoking
- They are Economical and Cheaper Than Smoking Cigarettes
- You Can Get Them Online. That means if you don’t like it, or need to make an exchange, you won’t have any problems.
#1 – VAPORFI’S EXPRESS STARTER BUNDLE KIT
This kit comes with two batteries in two lengths and is as close to feeling like a real cigarette if you’re just making the transition to e-cigs.
You’ll never run out of charge since you’ve got a spare battery. As for the cartridges, you get three refillable Mini-Clear tanks that are easy to use. These last longer than traditional pre-filled cartridges, but Vaporfi has a similar kit (Express Classic) that has traditional cartridges already filled with e-juice.
This slim ecig kit comes with everything you need including a USB charger, a wall adapter, a bottle of Vaporfi e-liquid in any flavor. You can even have them mix together 1 to 3 flavors.
Best Features of Vapori’s Express Starter Kit:
- Slim, lightweight and portable
- Very easy to use
- Comes with 2 batteries so you’ll always have one charged and ready
- One of the few starter kits that comes with a bottle of e-liquid in your choice of flavor and nicotine level
- It gives you good flavor and vapor production
- This vape pen never leaks
- You can add e-liquids from any company, not just Vaporfi
On the Downside:
- The Mini-Clear tank is easiest to fill with a small dropper. Vaporfi’s e-liquids come with super slim tips but most other brands do not, so filling may be messy.
- You will have to replace your tank after about 7 uses, more if you like to use different e-liquid flavors each time you refill the tank.
Included in the Kit:
- 1 Standard Express Battery
- 1 High-Capacity Express Battery
- 1 Wall Charging Adapter
- 1 USB Charger
- 3 Mini-Clear Clearomizer Tanks
- 1 30ml Bottle of Your Custom Blend
- 1 VaporFi Membership Card
- 1 User Manual
- Note: The Case is Extra and Does Not Come with the Kit
At the Time of This Posting, the Express Starter Bundle Kit Costs $49.99
#2 – Halo’s G6 E-Cigarette
The G6’s is a wonderful choice for women who are looking for a traditionally style e-cigarette. It comes with 5 e-liquid cartridges rather than a tank. Just choose refillable cartridges or pre-filled with one of Halo’s excellent e-liquid flavors. Of course, you get your choice of flavor and nicotine level.
The G6 “cig-alike” is one of the few ecigs that still has the tip that lights up each time you take a puff. Halo’s Thermoflow heating system will ensure that you receive a smooth vape. You’ll never get a burnt taste either.
The Starter kits comes with everything you need to start vaping, except for a bottle of e-liquid (if you choose the refillable cartridges). There are no buttons to push as the draw is automatic.
It’s interesting to note that this ecig was voted #1 by PC Magazine when it first was introduced years ago…and it is still popular.
Best Features of Halo’s G6:
- A great value for the money
- Known to be one of the best cig-alikes on the market
- Easy to use
- The kit has everything you need to start vaping
- Comes with 2 batteries
- Very smooth vape
- Never Leaks
On the Downside:
- You have to use Halo’s cartridges as other brands are incompatible
G6 Starter Kit Includes:
- 2 – G6 Automatic Batteries (78mm)
- 5 – Cartomizers (Prefilled or Blank)
- 1 – USB Charger
- 1 – Wall Charger
- 1 – User Manual
At the Time of This Posting, HALO’S G6 Costs $35.00
#3 – SMOK NOVO
If you are looking for a vape pod pen similar to the JUUL but don’t want to pay the high price, we recommend a better alternative – the SMOK NOVO Vape Pod Starter Kit.
Weighing less than 100 grams, super slim and only 3.47″ long, the SMOK NOVO has the same small, lightweight profile as the JUUL, but you can fill the pod with any flavor of nicotine salts e-liquid.
It may not be quite as convenient as popping in a pre-filled pod, but you get a few extra pods you can prefill so changing your pod is easier. It also means big savings and more e-juice flexibility. You don’t have to purchase any expensive pre-filled e-liquid pods, and you’re not limited to flavor and nic level (as you are with the JUUL).
Best Features of the SMOK NOVO:
- The SMOK NOVO is lightweight and very portable.
- The pods are refillable with any nic salt e-juice.
- Only $7.95 for a 3 pack of replacement pods.
- The battery holds a charge for at least 1 day, usually longer.
- Economically priced with free shipping from DirectVapor.
- Air-drive side airflow system insures great vapor and flavor.
- Comes in 8 Colors: Black, Prism Rainbow, Prism Blue, Royal Blue, Green, Auto Pink, Red, White
On the Downside:
- The e-juice fill hole could be a bit bigger, so filling it takes some practice.
- Pod holds only 2mL of nicotine salts ejuice.
Included in the NOVO Kit:
- USB charging cable
- SMOK NOVO Vape Pod
- (2) Extra Refillable 2ML Pod Cartridges
- Instruction Manual
At the Time of This Posting, the NOVO Costs $19.95
More Choices for the Best E-Cigarettes for Women Who Want to Start Vaping
I’ve suggested my top picks for this review, but there are also other small, lightweight vape products that will appeal to the ladies. Feel free to check them out!